MY PROFILE

MY PROFILE
In 2010 : 9 months pregnant with FOOD!

BEFORE FAT PICTURE

BEFORE FAT PICTURE
2010: I CAN REALLY FEEL THE FAT NOW

Monday, December 7, 2015

MIX IT UP A BIT!

I have learned one thing, at least about myself, and it is that I have to mix it up a bit, sometimes weekly, sometimes daily. I will often tell my daughter, "you know, I was thinking, we should go walk the trail tonight, or go walk to that cafe we like to go to, and you can ride your bike and I will try to keep up with my Power Walking!" So we head out, sometimes I wear my funky headlamp, but she doesn't mind. We have fun and sometimes walk a little farther going a different route. We have fun and reward ourselves with a coffee when we arrive. We have great talks, play music on our route, and tell of funny stories along the way. We have done this as a family too when we are all free and had a great time taking pictures along the way.
Other times we say, let's go to the gym down the road and do this certain type of exercise and some cardio.
Then when we are short on time we workout at the apartment gym or just walk around the complex over and over to get our body moving. The point is we mix it up and we keep it fresh and that is so important I have learned. You never want to get bored with your exercise routine. That is not a good thing. I use exercise bands weekly in my apartment that help strengthen my arms and chest. You can also use them for your legs-see the video on this blog about exercise bands and the companies ads that feature this too. I swear by them. It works!
I am going to plan on doing a routine at home of push ups, sit-ups, tricep dips, squats calf raises and some other exercises that I can do at home to keep strong.
Variety is the Spice of Life is one of my favorite sayings and it is so true!
Also keep it simple and most of all do it often and make it a habit. Put on some upbeat music on Pandora or the radio and enjoy!
Look online there are many websites with pictures and descriptions of exercise routines for you to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment